Bell Times for the 2019-20 School Year
Student Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
OUR VISION and Mission
During the 2018-19 school year, we engaged in a process with the school community to develop a vision and mission to be sure that our school focus is aligned to the strengths and needs of our unique community and represents the voice of the community we serve. During the spring, we conducted a survey, and our staff members used the 324 responses we received from students, families, staff, and community members to identify key themes, then identify specific language that represented the ideas of all of our stakeholders, then finally, to create statements that represented the ideas that emerged. Thank you to everyone who contributed ideas to create a clear path of success for our students, as well as steps to make it a reality for every Dalton student!
The Vision of Dalton Elementary is to provide engaging opportunities to learn and grow in an environment that challenges and nurtures all learners to achieve their goals and reach their full potential for personal and professional success.
Mission: In partnership with our community, our knowledgeable and dedicated staff will foster individual student success by:
- Building strong relationships with students and families
- Engaging students in high-quality, challenging, standards-based instruction
- Developing students’ social and emotional skills in a safe, respectful, and positive learning environment
- Recognizing the strengths and meeting the needs of our diverse students
- Empowering students to take risks and achieve their goals