Welcome to Dalton Elementary School! Home of the...
Principal - Jessica Abel-Pype
Assistant Principal - Jenn Biviano
Bell Times for the 2018-19 School Year
Student Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
At Dalton Elementary School, our vision is to create a community of lifelong learners where students are courteous, make safe choices, and are responsible for their learning.
- Students enrolled in Aurora Public Schools are required to attend classes, unless excused for a good reason, in accordance with the Colorado Compulsory Attendance Law. Absences such as illness or injury, or absences approved by the principal and parents are regarded as excused absences.
- If a student’s absence is not caused by illness or injury or not approved by the school principal, the absence shall be considered unexcused. Irregular attendance and/or excessive tardiness may result in poor academic performance, lower grades, an intervention plan being developed by the parent/guardian and the site administrator, and/or a referral for truancy.
- Your help in communicating excused absences will help the school identify unauthorized absences and safeguard your child. A youngster may have met trouble on the way to school, and without a call to check the absence, neither the parent nor the school would know of the problem. To help keep the school informed, it is the parent’s responsibility to notify the school office about student absences by the start of the school day. Each school has an attendance phone line available 24 hours a day. Dalton’s attendance number is 303-326-1611.
Updates to District Nondiscrmination Policies
NOTICE FROM APS LEGAL OFFICE
Please note that updates have been made to the District’s Nondiscrimination Policies:
- AC, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-R, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-1-E, Notice of Nondiscrimination
- ACE, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability
The updated policies can be found on the District website at aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.
NOTIFICACIÓN DE PARTE DEL DEPARTAMENTO LEGAL DE APS
Le comunicamos que hemos llevado a cabo modificaciones a las Políticas de No-discriminación del distrito:
- AC, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-R, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-1-E, Aviso de No discriminación
- ACE, No discriminación con fundamento en una discapacidad
Usted puede ver las políticas actualizadas en la página web del distrito, en: aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.